8 Benefits of a Daily Writing Habit
Posted in Keys to Success in Writing, Productivity Tips, Time to Write, Writing Encouragement, Writing Tips
I’m celebrating achieving my writing goals for August every single day as a result of participating in an online daily writing challenge for twenty months since January, 2014. I’ve discovered some benefits from dragging, pulling and pushing myself to meet this challenge.
Eight Benefits of a Daily Writing Habit
1. As I force myself to overcome the emotional resistance and obstacles, my self-discipline is strengthened. I feel stronger.
2. The self-discipline of consistency enables and benefits me in other areas of my life.
3. I capture beneficial insights, anecdotes, journal entries and stories that otherwise would be lost.
4. Consistent themes emerge that will eventually be three or four books so I’m making progress in writing my books.
5. Stories are written to pass down a legacy to my children and grandchildren and creates potential material for articles, magazines etc.
6. I get to process my day and gain insight from situations. We don’t get much time for reflection in our demanding and busy lives. Writing forces and gives time to mine the treasures of the day.
7. I’m growing as a writer. Practicing writing strategies in my daily writing refines my writing skills.
8. My eyes are more open, my ears more attuned and my mind more alert to the gems in everyday life so I find more purpose and fulfillment in life.
Writing daily is not an easy habit to develop but it has a great deal of benefits and it’s worth it!
If you’d like to grow in your productivity and overcome some of your writing fears, check out my book on Amazon kindle, “From Stuck to Success: Conquer Your Fears and Achieve Your Writing Dreams.”
If you would like to learn to write or learn to write better or write your story, check out my writing course,“How to Write for Fun and Profit.”
Discover the benefits of writing for yourself.
Go write now.
Enjoy the gift of writing!
#strengthtostrength, #fromstucktosuccess, #writenow, #writeyourstorynow, #sharonrosegibsonnuggets, #enjoythegiftofwriting, #15minutewriter.com